Many men suffer from acne in their beard area. Some even avoid shaving because it irritates their acne further. Unfortunately, avoiding shaving can make the problem worse and cause more pain and acne. Save yourself the discomfort and try our shaving and skincare tips.
Try to only shave after you shower. Warm water is helpful because:
- Warm water makes your facial hair stand up, making it easier to shave.
- Warm water helps the tips of the hairs from being sharp.
- Warm water relaxes and loosens the skin, helping to prevent a razor rash.
- Warm water opens and cleans the pores (clogged pores result in acne and ingrown facial hair).
Additionally, try these tips to make the process even smoother for your skin:
- Gently rub an exfoliating wash in a circular motion on your face/neck/beard area before you step out to shave.
- Clean your razor with rubbing alcohol before and after shaving to help remove hair and bacteria.
- Shave with the grain of the hair (meaning with the way the hair comes out of the skin). The grain changes from face to neck, so pay attention.
By making these simple changes, you’ll notice a major difference in the health of your skin!